Professor James Bailey
TEACHING / Critical Supporting Documentation
- Received 2 Warhol Foundation Grants through collaboration with the Missoula Art Museum.
- Wrote 8 successful Visiting Artists proposals and brought in 8 Visiting Artists.
- Developed curriculum and online presence for 3 courses I’ve never taught before.
- Developed 60+ Individual webpages for courses. (For both new & existing courses).
- 100% Positive Global Rating on my Student Evaluations.
- Raised money and took students to 3 National Print Conferences.
- Print acquisition/donation ($24,000 gift)
- Made substantial Print Studio renovations over past two summers.
New Course Development (Taught 3 courses for the first time)
Developed 20 new online galleries for students, along with additional resource pages on residency programs, photographing artwork etc.
Additional Major course development to exisiting courses.
Developed www.Printana.org site.-(moved from blog and redesigned/built all new site.)
New site includes general resources for students as well as 18 new relief webpages including galleries, handouts, videos and project info.
Covid-19 Related course development (bought www.printanaremote.org site)
(Developed an additional 23 individual webpages for courses -each of which are several pages long, which students link to via Moodle).
5 for courses that had to transition halfway through Spring 2020 semester and an additional 18 for classes beginning August 19, 2020)
Warhol Foundation Grants (2) - Each was for $100,000.
Sucessfully collaborated with the Missoula Art Museum on two Warhol Foundation Grants. Resulting in receiving two Warhol Grants to specifically work with Indigenous Artists to create prints through MATRIX press.
The primary component of the grant was predicated on bringing in Indigenous Artists for week- long printmaking residencies with MATRIX Press to create new work. These works would then form the basis for the accompanying exhibition at MAM, artist talks and full color catalog.
8 Visiting Artists / Wrote 8 successful Jim & Jane Dew Visiting Artists Proposals, plus collaborated with MAM on 3 of the 8 artists.
5 created work through Matrix Press & 3 Visited classes
Matrix Press website (www.matrixpress.org) Did major overhaul of entire site and also created new pages for each of the visiting artists listed above.
Field Trips organized for Students to National conferences
Raised funds to take both graduate and undergrad students to three National Print conferences in Washington, Utah and Nevada.